BSI Group Canada Inc., a division of the world’s first National Standards Body and the leading provider of choice for ISO transition in Canada, has announced the nominees for the BSI Award of Excellence 2015. They include eight companies and organizations that range from manufacturing to wholesale distribution, infrastructure and public services
“2015 was an important year with the introduction of revisions to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 in response to important shifts in the business world. The revised standards are adaptable to the changing world, enhance customer satisfaction, meet the demands of all stakeholder and interested parties and provide a consistent foundation for the future,” said Anne-Marie Pizzitelli, Senior Manager, Communications, with BSI Group Canada. “A number of companies and organizations have begun the transition to the new standard, which demonstrates key qualities of excellence and improvement that are reflected by this award.”
BSI Canada created the Award of Excellence in 2011 to recognize customers who have demonstrated a culture of excellence and continual improvement in their business. Schneider Electric, the Burnaby, B.C.-based design, report and service company, was the multi-site winner last year. ABB Inc. Power & Industrial Systems, the Saint Laurent, QC-based power and automation technologies company was named the 2014 single-site winner.
Nominees are evaluated on their audit performances, quality management systems and business results, among other factors.
The 2015 nominees include:
- B.A. Blacktop Ltd. – North Vancouver, B.C.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology, Marine Campus – North Vancouver, B.C.
- Compugen Inc. – Richmond Hill, ON
- Heritage Conservation Directorate, National Capital Area Operations Sector, Public Services and Procurement Canada – Gatineau, QC
- Les Emballages MontCorr – Coteau du Lac, QC
- Les Compunds Felix Inc. – St-Hubert, QC
- Tech Data Canada – Mississauga, ON
- Zochem Inc. – Brampton, ON