Food Fraud Prevention – Implementing VACCP and TACCP
Food fraud is an emerging threat for the food industry from the intentional adulteration, dilution, substitution, mislabelling, parallel trade, theft or counterfeiting of food ingredients or products for a financial gain.
Organizations that produce, manufacture, handle or supply ingredients and food recognize the need to assure customers that their products are safe and free from contamination. Failures in the food supply chain can not only be dangerous to customers but can prove costly in terms of company reputation, financial penalties and shareholder value.
Our training course will teach you the methodologies for risk assessment, including TACCP (Threat Assessment Critical Control Point) and VACCP (Vulnerability Assessment Critical Control Point). You’ll learn to protect the authenticity of your ingredients and products through a systematic risk assessment of your food supply chain and business to identify where controls may be required to minimise and mitigate a food fraud.
Who should attend?
Food industry professionals from a diverse range of functions including:
- Senior management
- Technical / Quality Assurance
- Production and operations
- Purchasing and supply
What will I learn?
You will learn about the intent and application of;
- TACCP (Threat Assessment Critical Control Point as described in PAS 96:2014)
- Supply Chain Vulnerability Risk Assessment through VACCP (Vulnerability Assessment Critical Control Point)
- Different types of risk assessment methodologies
- Raw material risk assessment
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of TACCP and VACCP
- Adopt a proactive approach to identifying emerging supply chain risks and an ability to source relevant and current information on historical and emerging threats to apply the TACCP & VACCP risk assessment
- Apply risk-based methodologies to determine significant threats.
- Improve the resilience of your supply chain through an understanding of threats, likely attackers and proactive defensive controls
- Develop practical skills and confidence to implement VACCP & TACCP to strengthen food defence within your organization
The following prerequisites will be ideal to successfully understand this training course.
- Broad food industry knowledge with an understanding of the global food supply chain
- A comprehensive understanding of your organization, processes and products