Exclusive to BSI, the BSI Kitemark is a quality mark that shows a product or service meets the applicable and appropriate British, European, international other recognised standard for quality, safety, performance and trust.
Why choose BSI Kitemark
Kitemark market awareness
- The BSI Kitemark is recognised by 82% of the UK adult population
- The BSI Kitemark is recognised by 78% of 18-24 year olds
- 73% of BSI Kitemark product certification clients claim that the BSI Kitemark helped them to win more business and sell more to existing customers*
- 75%* of UK adults state that the presence of a BSI Kitemark helps them choose between products.
- 93% of the UK adult population believe a BSI Kitemark product is safe.
Benefits of the Kitemark
Of consumer who are aware of the BSI Kitemark:
TRUST: 88% have more trust in BSI Kitemark products
PURCHASE INTENTION: 80% say they will buy BSI Kitemark products in the future
ADVOCACY: 73% are more willing to recommend a BSI Kitemark product
PRICE PREMIUM: 69% are willing to spend more on BSI Kitemark products
REPUTATION: 88% believe a BSI Kitemark product comes from a reputable company
CHOICE: 75% believe that the presence of a BSI Kitemark makes it easier to choose between products
SAFETY: 93% believe that a BSI Kitemark product is safer
REASSURANCE: 89% state that they can trust a BSI Kitemark product more than others
QUALITY: 91% say that the BSI Kitemark gives them a reassurance of quality
HONESTY: 83% state that the BSI Kitemark is honest and genuine
INTELLIGENCE: 77% believe the BSI Kitemark shows they have purchased intelligently
*Source: GfK NOP Consumer Survey - July 2006
Why BSI Kitemark?
BSI Kitemark stands for quality, safety and trust so if a product carries a BSI Kitemark customers will know that it has been independently tested on a regular basis and that it will perform to that consistent quality every time.
The BSI Kitemark has for very many years been considered Great Britain’s premier symbol of product or service quality that brings real and tangible benefits to licence holders.
- Reduced risk - BSI Kitemark demonstrates and supports due diligence and duty of care to your industry, employees, suppliers and customers
- Improved efficiency - through reducing costs and waste you should be able to realise a more healthy profit in your business
- Customer satisfaction - happy, confident customers will bring unrivalled benefits to your business through repeat business and recommendation
- Access to new business - with public and private sector procurement managers increasingly specifying BSI Kitemark, you can secure your access to these tenders and projects
- Reputation - BSI Kitemark is a Business Superbrand in its own right and has established the finest reputation in its field. It offers manufacturers significant emotional and/or tangible advantages over its competitors, which customers want and recognise.
More BSI Kitemark benefits
- Helps you stand out from your competitors
- Provides a vital commercial edge
- Shows your customers that you deliver quality, safe products or services
- Gives you access to tender for larger projects
- Provides specifiers and purchasing professionals with peace of mind that they have insisted on the best products for their projects
- You have been independently audited or tested to ensure that you consistently deliver such quality, safe, reliable products or services
- Your customers have reassurance in your product's performance or service quality
- BSI Kitemark certification can be used as proof of due diligence
- Applying BSI Kitemark standards can help you reduce risk
- BSI Kitemark certification can help increase sales by generating new and repeat business