AS/NZS 4801 Requirements
Learn how to bring excellent health and safety management to your business by taking our AS/NZS 4801 Requirements training course.
Using a step-by-step process, this comprehensive course helps delegates understand the requirements of AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001. Find out what it takes to put an effective OH&S management system in place and make sure you don’t miss out on crucial tendering opportunities.
An experienced trainer guides you through the two-day course using a mixture of lecture, discussion and group exercises to give you a clause-by-clause breakdown of OH&S Management Systems standards. Our trainers will also elaborate on the differences between the OHSAS 18001 and the AS/NZS 4801 standards.
The course will provide you with the tools to build an OH&S management system for your organization that meets business, stakeholder and regulatory requirements.
On completion of the course you will have a greater understanding of best practice in Occupational Health and Safety putting you on course to develop a system that gives your employees the highest standard of working environment, and ensuring you don't miss out on crucial tendering opportunities.
This course is GST exempt
Who should attend?
- Anyone who needs to gain an understanding of an OH&S management system
- Those deciding whether to implement an OH&S management system in their organization
- Anyone involved in health and safety management
- Health and safety managers and advisers
- Quality managers, environmental managers and advisers
- Integrated risks managers
What will I learn?
- Understand the requirements of AS/NZS 4801:2001 and OHSAS 18001:2007
- Understand the terminology of OH&S management systems
- Gain an overview of the AS/NZS 4801:2001 and OHSAS 18001:2007 framework and understand the benefits of managing your own health and safety system
- Gain a basic understanding of how an OH&S management system can be integrated into existing management systems
- Understand the process approach
- How to identify nonconformities
- Purpose and content of an audit report
- Establish the requirements of certification and how to implement these
- Learn about the next steps towards BS OHSAS 18001:2007 certification
How will I benefit?
You will be able to identify the key benefits of a structured health and safety management system and the requirements of AS/NZS 4801:2001 and OHSAS 18001:2007
Gain an understanding of the implementation and certification process
- Attend an internationally recognised and accredited course
- Demonstrate commitment to health and safety management and build employee and stakeholder confidence
- Compliance with the latest legislation
- Create the highest standard of working environment for employees