Implementing ISO 39001
ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety (RTS) Management Systems was created to save lives and reduce serious injuries on the road and is being associated with the UN Decade of Action on road safety. It is the responsibility of organizations involved in road traffic systems and society as a whole to learn how to better reduce and minimize the risks.
This two-day Implementing ISO 39001 training course will cover the fundamental disciplines needed and will lead you through a step-by-step process on how to implement an effective RTS Management System using a combination of practical exercises, group activities and delegate discussions.
In addition to the unacceptable human costs, there are also financial implications for those concerned with roads, vehicles, road users and emergency medical services.
A RTS management system based upon ISO 39001 can provide your organization with an international best-practice framework for managing your responsibilities and interactions with the road traffic system.
Who should attend?
- Transport planners
- Fleet managers
- Occupational health and safety experts
- Human resources managers
- Road safety managers
- Enforcement authorities
- Internal and external management systems auditors and lead auditors who are new to RTMS and leading RTMS audits
- How to recognise key management system concepts and in particular ISO 39001
- How to identify a typical framework for implementing ISO 39001 following the Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) cycle
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO 39001 from an implementation perspective in the context of your organization
- How to conduct a base line review of your organization’s current position with regard to ISO 39001
- How to implement key elements of ISO 39001
- How to identify the benefits specific to your organization in relation to implementing an effective RTS management system
- There will be an increased awareness within your business about RTS
- Your organisation will develop the expertise necessary to set up and maintain an RTS Management System
- Successfully implementing an RTS Management System can help to improve reputation and boost your organisation’s ability to tender where RTS is a factor during the bidding process