Effective Food Safety Auditing
Move from compliance to value added audits with our new food industry specific auditing course. Implement effective internal audit processes that enable you to meet customer requirements and identify opportunities for continual improvement.
*This course is GST exempt
Who should attend?
- Technical managers
- Quality managers
- Quality coordinators
- Production managers
- Team leaders
- Laboratory technicians/coordinator
- Food industry graduates
"The course certainly exceeded the expectations of the staff who attended with some excellent feedback provided. The skills that the staff learnt was how to be better auditors. They also have an idea of what auditors are thinking and looking for."
Upon completion of this training, delegates will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
- Describe how an audit is scheduled, planned, organized, conducted, reported and followed-up in accordance with ISO 19011 industry best practice
- Show awareness of reporting and communicating the results of audits to all levels of the organization to improve compliance and apply continuous improvement methodology
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize based on risk to the organization and risk to product safety
- Refresh and update knowledge of key food safety management system issues which include but are not limited to review of CCP practices and monitoring records, validation and verification activities, traceability, GMP hygiene and house-keeping, foreign object controls and allergen management
- Apply a risk-based methodology to effectively schedule audits
- Perform an audit to assess compliance, suitability and effectiveness of practices, system documentation and records
Demonstrate ability to apply a strategic audit focus by identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for continual improvements and potential threats to your organization or to product safety.
- Shift organizational focus from compliance to continual improvement
- Empower food industry professionals to effectively using audit tools and techniques to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Maximize effectiveness and efficiency of food safety operations with limited resources
- Discuss informal benchmarking with industry sector peers
Awareness of audit criteria which may include:
- CODEX HACCP
- BSI HACCP/GMP
- GFSI Standards or retailer standards