Lead Auditor Transition From ISO 27001:2005 to ISO 27001:2013 IRCA Certified (A17694)
Are you an ISO/IEC 27001:2005 Lead Auditor who wants to develop the expertise to audit an ISO/IEC 27001:2013 information security management system (ISMS)?
Led by an experienced instructor, you will learn how ISO/IEC 27001:2013 differs from ISO/IEC 27001:2005, and then apply this knowledge practically in order to build your ISO/IEC 27001:2013 auditing skill.
Who should attend?
In general: ISO/IEC 27001:2005 Lead Auditors, including internal and external ISO/IEC 27001:2005 management system Lead Auditors who will be auditing to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
The categories of IRCA certified ISMS auditors who are required to undertake transition training are those holding the following grades;
- Provisional ISMS Auditor
- ISMS Auditor
- ISMS Lead Auditor
- ISMS Principal Auditor
The categories of IRCA certified auditors for whom transition training is optional are;
(IRCA acknowledges however that IRCA certified ISMS Internal Auditors may wish to voluntarily undertake transition training in order to ensure that their audit skills and knowledge remain up to date.
Similarly individuals who have previously successfully completed IRCA ISMS training courses based on ISO/IEC 27001:2005 but who have then elected not to progress to certify as IRCA auditors may choose to attend a transition course in order to receive recognition that their audit skills and knowledge remain concurrent. )
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and use by standard writers of Annex SL Appendix 2
- Describe in outline the framework for a generic management system
- Explain the new and revised terms and definitions
- Explain the new requirements relating to Context, Leadership, Planning and Support in Annex SL Appendix 2
- Communicate any changes in ISMS specific requirements arising as a result of transitioning from ISO/IEC 27001:2005 to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (which has been written using Annex SL Appendix 2 as its framework)
- Explain the BSI certification transition arrangements
- Be able to plan and lead an audit to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
You must have attended and passed an ISMS Lead Auditor (ISO/IEC 27001:2005) training course. You will be asked to provide a copy of your certificate as evidence of this.
This course is also recognized by IRCA. Successful participants (who have already attended and passed an IRCA ISMS Auditor/Lead Auditor (ISO/IEC 27001:2005) training course) will be able to transition to the 2013 version with IRCA. Other delegates will be awarded a BSI Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) Lead Auditor Transition Course certificate from ISO/IEC 27001:2005 to ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
How will I benefit?
- Be able to transition from ISO/IEC 27001:2005 to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Inform others about the new requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Prepare for ISO/IEC 27001:2013 audits
- Conduct ISO/IEC 27001:2013 audits
- Develop your ISO/IEC 27001:2013 auditing skill and lead auditor expertise