Cloud Computing Security Training Course: Advanced Cloud Security Auditing for CSA STAR Certification
As companies look at cloud solutions for their IT network
and storage requirements, there is a greater need to put
some very real security measures in place.
In conjunction with the CSA, BSI has developed the CSA STAR Certification scheme to measure the robustness and performance of cloud security. It gives cloud service providers the ability to prove that their registration to the Cloud Security Alliance’s (CSA’s) Security, Trust and Assurance Registry (STAR) has been independently assessed against the new CSA STAR certification maturity model.
The maturity model checks a cloud service provider’s security performance against the CSA’s Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) to award an overall grade.
Although only a certified CSA STAR auditor from a certification body can recommend CSA STAR certification, by attending this course, you will learn how to effectively prepare a cloud service provider for a CSA STAR audit.
Led by an experienced tutor, this advanced course commences with the 1 day ‘Auditing Cloud Security for CSA STAR Certification’ programme before concentrating on how a CSA STAR rating is determined using a detailed case study on day 2. To successfully complete this course, you will need to pass an examination.
Who should attend?
To become CSA STAR certified, a cloud security provider must hold ISO/IEC 27001 certification. As such, ISO/IEC 27001 qualified auditors or those with equivalent knowledge and experience are best placed to benefit from this course.
Suggested job roles include:
- Network security managers
- Information security consultants
- Cyber Security principals
- IT Risk and Security managers
What will I learn?
- How to define the specific control areas of the CCM and differentiate between them
- What maturity is and how the CSA STAR certification maturity model works
- How to apply the maturity model when auditing a provider’s security controls
- How to calculate a maturity score for each CCM control area
- How a cloud service provider’s maturity level is derived from the maturity scores
How will I benefit?
- Cloud service users would be able to conduct their own audit to check a provider’s ability to meet service level agreements
- Your business will be able to prepare for independent assessment against the CSA STAR certification maturity model
- Your company can use your CSA STAR certification credentials to help increase your competitive market advantage whilst installing confidence in stakeholders and new prospects alike
- Customers of CSA STAR certified service providers will have greater assurance the service they receive has been monitored and assessed to check its cloud security
- Better monitoring of security practices can lead to better overall levels of service provision