BSI (British Standards Institution, whose principal business address in the United Kingdom is 389 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 4AL United Kingdom. BSI is a company incorporated in the United Kingdom by Royal Charter) is committed to protecting your privacy online.
You use our website anonymously unless you choose to provide us with information about yourself, or if you make a purchase. We protect your personal information on the internet to an equivalent high standard as that of our responsibilities to you in any other dealings that we may have with you.
You can access your account details at any time if you wish to.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To fulfil orders;
- To collate statistical information about our website;
Information log files are generated for each request to the web server. The exact information contained within these logs can be found via the following link from Microsoft.
We do not pass your details on to third parties.
If you disable cookies you will not be able to log in to the site or add an item from BSI Shop to the basket.
Credit Card Details
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
Information gathered by us when you browse the BSI Website
Although we will do all that we reasonably can to ensure that availability of our website will be uninterrupted and error free, we cannot guarantee this due to the nature of the internet. The website may also be down from time to time to allow us to maintain or repair it, or to change the services that we offer.
When you visit the BSI website to browse information that it contains, you do so anonymously unless you choose to provide us with information about yourself. If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site - reading pages, viewing images, for example - we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally.
Information gathered automatically is used for only two purposes: site management and, in the case of suspected unauthorized activity, for law enforcement and possible criminal prosecution (see Your Use of the BSI Website in our Terms and Conditions.)
The BSI website automatically logs visitor information from which summary statistics are created. We use the summary statistics to help us make our site more useful to visitors, such as assessing what information is of most interest to visitors, as well as for other purposes such as determining the site's technical design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas.
The following are representative of the types of information automatically collected and stored about your visit:
- the internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access our website;
- the type of internet browser and the operating system of the computer you use to access our website;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the pages you visit on our website;
- if you linked to our website from another one, the address of the other website;
- and, if you linked to our website from a search website, the address of that website and the search term you used.
Shared Information with other BSI Businesses
Any information that you may provide to the British Standards division of BSI will not be shared with other BSI businesses within the BSI Group.
Information sent to other BSI businesses may be shared with any other relevant BSI businesses in order to fulfil your information needs about products or services of those other BSI businesses in which you register an interest. Such information may include your contact details (if you have requested us to contact you in this regard).
We will not pass any information to any party outside the BSI Group, although we reserve the right to pass your details to law enforcement agencies if required to do so by applicable law.
If the ownership of BSI is changed, or the assets of BSI are sold we reserve the right to pass your details to the new purchaser, subject to notifying you of this as soon as is reasonably possible in the case of an asset sale.
Issue Date: January, 2015