Recorded: 24 November 2021 (12:00 - 13:00 UK time)
What’s this webinar about?
Whether your interest lies in knowing how a building performs in order to improve its efficiency, learn its impact on the wellbeing of users, or check for any discrepancy between the intended environmental performance and the performance in use – this webinar helps you get up to speed on a new standard for conducting consistent building performance evaluations.
Who is this webinar for?
- Evaluators/reviewers of building performance
- Owners of buildings and building portfolios
- Clients commissioning the design and construction of a new building or building refit/retrofit (whether public and private sector)
- Housing developers and social housing providers
- Specifiers of products used in retrofit work
- Retrofit coordinators
- Designers of retrofit work
- Providers of property finance
What will participants gain?
- Brief background on the origins of BS 40101
- First-hand information on the aims and content of BS 40101 from its technical authors
- The opportunity to participate in a Q&A with the technical authors of BS 40101
12:00 - 12:05 Welcome and background to CB/401 and RSTG - Rosie Harper, Lead Standards Development Manager | Build Environment, British Standards Institution (BSI)
12:05 - 12:15 Introduction from Building Performance Network - Professor Fionn Stevenson, Campaigns Director, Building Performance Network
12:15 - 12:30 Background to the standard: how it came to be and what it aims to do - Kerry Mashford OBE, panel chair of CB/401/-1 and co-author of BS 40101
12:30 - 12:45 Finer details of the content - Zachary Gill, Building performance expert, SOAP Retrofit Ltd and Technical author of BS 40101
12:45 - 13:00 Live Q&A
13:00 End of the webinar
For unique insights into the new building performance evaluation standard, and why and how it standardizes BPE, please watch this webinar now.