ISO 27001:2013 Internal Auditor Training Course
Training provided and run by a Certification Body (CB). BSI are the National Standards Body of the United Kingdom.
The BSI Training Academy can teach you the essential knowledge and skills an internal auditor needs, along with the areas your Certification Body (CB) will be generally looking for to comply with generic internal auditing requirements in management system standards. This will include the meanings and intention of certification criteria and associated theories, methodologies, techniques or tools.
This course aims to provide guidance and practical experience in planning, executing, and reporting Information Security Management System audits.
Information security is now recognized as an important business process which, if not managed correctly and efficiently, may impact upon an organization’s ability to deliver its products and services to their customers. Just as important, lack of security has the potential to impact revenues. The highly specialized skills and practical knowledge needed to assess an organization’s capability to manage all aspects of information security is one that can be learnt.
This innovative, two-day course provides a solid foundation in all aspects of the audit process. Stage by stage, delegates are taken through a structured programme that includes a balance of theory and practice. It uses a combination of collaborative learning and practical activities, enabling delegates to gain an understanding of the key activities for auditing.
The British Standards Institution (BSI, a company incorporated by Royal Charter), performs the National Standards Body activity (NSB) in the UK. BSI, together with other BSI Group Companies, also offers a broad portfolio of business solutions other than the NSB activity that help businesses worldwide to improve results through Standards-based best practice (such as certification, self-assessment tools, software, product testing, information products and training). Training courses are provided by BSI as part of its non-NSB services.
Who should attend?
The course is especially suitable for:
- Anyone who is or will be coordinating internal audit activities within your organization
- Those who have responsibility to audit an Information Security Management System
- Existing auditors who wish to refresh their skills
The course is aimed at those who already have an understanding of ISO/IEC 27001:2013. If you do not have this understanding, you're strongly recommended to attend the one-day requirements training course as the requirements of this standard are not taught on this internal auditor course.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will have an understanding in the areas of:
- The principles of auditing to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Audit activities
- The role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an ISMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011
You will have the skills to:
- Initiate the audit
- Prepare the audit activities
- Conduct audit activities
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Complete the audit
- Audit follow-up
- Audit an ISMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 27001
How will I benefit?
- Recognize areas your Certification Body (CB) will be generally looking for to comply with generic internal auditing requirements in management system standards. This will include the meanings and intention of certification criteria and associated theories, methodologies, techniques or tools
- Appropriately trained auditors will bring added value to the internal audit process
- Your business will remain compliant to the international Standard for Information Security Management Systems
- Skills development for your internal auditors; as well as the main core knowledge requirements
- You will gain 16 CPD points on completing the course
- Course Folder
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate