Environmental impact is becoming an increasingly important issue across the globe, with pressure to minimize that impact coming from a number of sources, including: local and national governments, regulators, trade associations, customers, employees and shareholders.
Social pressures are also building up from the growing array of interested parties, such as consumer, environmental and minority non-governmental organizations (NGOs), academia and neighbours.
ISO 14001 is relevant to every organization, including:
- Single site to large multi-national companies
- High risk companies to low risk service organizations
- Manufacturing, process and the service industries; including local governments
- All industry sectors including public and private sectors
- Original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers