ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor Training (IRCA)
Kickstart your journey to become a professional Information Security Management System (ISMS) auditor on by attending our 5-days course on "ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor Training" that is approved by IRCA.
Our senior tutors will guide you on how to lead, plan, execute and report on an audit of an ISMS in an organization assessing its conformance with ISO/IEC 27001.
Before you attend this course, you will need to have some knowledge on the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Deming principle which forms the basis for management systems.You will also need to be familiar with Information Security Management principles, concepts and specifically the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 standard.
Through a combination of tutorials, syndicate exercises and role play, you will learn everything you need to know about how an ISMS audit should be run including conducting second and third-party audits.
This course is approved by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) and meets training requirements for those seeking registration as a lead auditor under their information security management system scheme.
Who should attend?
This is intended for those who will be involved in leading audits of an ISMS that conforms to ISO/IEC 27001 in any organization.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Information security consultants
You should already have knowledge how management systems work and in particular, the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 (for delegates who do not have these, we recommend attending our one day requirements course)
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
What will I learn?
- What is the purpose and business benefits of an ISMS, ISMS standards, ISMS audits and third party certification
- What is the role and skills required by an auditor when planning, conducting, reporting and following up on an ISMS audit in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001
How will I benefit?
- Your company will have an internal resource and process to be able to conduct its own audit of its ISMS to assess and improve conformance with ISO/IEC 27001
- You will gain a professional qualification that certifies that you have the knowledge and skills to be able to lead a team to conduct an audit of an ISMS in any organization that satisfies IRCA guidelines
- Successful auditing will improve the protection of any organization’s private data to meet market assurance and corporate governance needs
What does the fee cover?
- Training course notes
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)
- Professional certificate (only if candidates passed the exams)