Understanding the new requirements of ISO 9001:2015
This course will help you find out what you need to know about transitioning to the new ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems (QMS) standard. You will discover more about the changes from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015 and how these will affect your organization so you can start putting transition arrangements in place.
Grasp the latest concepts and requirements defined in ISO 9001:2015 and how they differ from ISO 9001:2008. By attending the course, you’ll receive a complimentary update when the final standard publishes to ensure you are fully informed.
This course is particularly valuable for individuals directly involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining or auditing of an ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS).
Who should attend?
Anyone with ISO 9001 responsibility, including:
- Operations managers and consultants
- Organizations that are currently certified to ISO 9001:2008
- Organizations currently developing systems for certification to ISO 9001
- Management system practitioners who will be converting to ISO 9001:2015
- Internal and external management system auditors who will be auditing to ISO 9001:2015
- Anyone interested in finding out how ISO 9001:2015 differs from its 2008 version
This training course is HRDF approved under the SBL scheme.
What will I learn?
- Know the requirements of ISO 9001 as applied to your company
- Learn to formulate your own quality standards system
- Monitor current operational practices and introduce new roles and responsibilities
- Plan for an ISO implementation, documentation and quality activities
- Learn the ability to write quality instructions, policy statements and procedures
- Establish objectives and measure performance in preparation for assessment
- Advance your continuous professional development
What does the fee cover?
- Training course notes
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)
How will I benefit?
- A competitive edge with a world-class quality management system
- Boost stakeholder confidence with the most recoqnised international quality standard
- Establish a culture of achieving, maintaining and improving quality standards
- Share knowledge and support employees with clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- Encourage greater understanding of ISO 9001 across your organization
- Encourage continuous professional development.