Launched in 2011, TickITplus is the first major revision to the original TickIT scheme launched in the 1990s. Developed and maintained by the Joint TickITplus Industry Steering Committee (JTISC) the certification scheme aims to provide robust solutions that meet business users’ needs and delivers a software and IT quality benchmark for UK businesses. The JTISC is managed by BSI and its members include technical experts from across the IT and quality sectors.
The TickITplus certification scheme includes flexible features, graded at five levels so it can help you take a multi-level approach to IT quality and certification assessment that is appropriate for your business.
- Foundation is the normal entry level and requires a process model to be defined and verified, but there is no direct process assessment.
- Bronze equates to level 2 (the Managed level in ISO/IEC 15504) and makes sure planned, monitored and adjusted process management is in place
- Silver equates to level 3 (the Established level) and makes sure processes are capable of achieving their outcomes in terms of definition and deployment
- Gold equates to level 4 (the Predictable level) and makes sure that processes operate within predicted parameters
- Platinum equates to level 5 (the Optimizing level) and makes sure that quantified measures and improvements are applied to key processes.
This tiered approach is great for organizations of any size, providing a level of quality to suit your businesses.