Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT®) training course
Become a recognized professional who ensures privacy is at the forefront of the business.The Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) qualification outlines critical privacy concepts, practices and principles that impact IT and security. It demonstrates you understand the importance of developing and managing IT activity to meet changing privacy requirements.
Our two-day CIPT training course provides an understanding of data protection laws and privacy techniques that you can successfully embed into your IT infrastructure.
By attending our training you will get the knowledge and skills required for the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) CIPT exam, which will get you certified status.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for individuals with some experience in information security, whose work relates to the processing of personal data, including:
- Data Protection Officers
- IT Managers/Administrators
- Compliance Officers
- Information Officers
- Record Managers
- Human Resource Officers
- Data Protection Professionals
What will I learn?
- Understanding the need for privacy in the IT environment
- Core privacy concepts
- The information lifecycle: an induction
- Common privacy principles
- Privacy considerations in the information lifecycle
- Privacy in systems and applications
- Privacy techniques
- Online privacy issues
- Technology with privacy considerations
How will I benefit?
- Be recognized as a leading professional in information security
- Gain the confidence to interpret privacy regulations and ensure best practice techniques are embedded into your IT infrastructure
- Greater ability to identify potential impacts of privacy on IT products and services at the beginning of their lifecycle
- Comprehensive course notes
- A certificate of attendance
- IAPP membership
- Exam costs included*
* Please note that whilst exam costs are covered within the fee of this course, you will need to book your exam via the IAPP website