Effective Communication Skills
Communication is the art of being understood and of understanding others. This communication course looks at all elements of communication from planning through to adapting your style and presenting a positive image, ensuring that you are utilising these elements effectively.
Guided by an expert facilitator, delegates will discover the core skills that underpin best practice communication. Everyone attending will learn how to present a clear, coherent and positive message both verbally and non-verbally. The course uses the DiSC® profile, a model of four different behavioural styles, to help you understand why you communicate the way you do. It also addresses how to adapt communication to different people and contexts.
Who should attend?
Ideal for anyone looking to enhance their interpersonal relationships and effectiveness to present a clear and positive message in work situations.
Enhance your interpersonal relationships and effectiveness to present a clear and positive message in work situations.
What will I learn?
- The essentials of successful communication - practice, planning, positive thinking
- Identifying and overcoming barriers to communication
- Discovering your preferred communication style through the DiSC® assessment
- Understanding your preferred style; its strengths and drawbacks and working with them
- Adapting your style to increase your communication success
- Analysing the impact of body language and tone on your message
- Implementing the LISTEN model to increase rapport building
- Using theCE model for planning and delivering a message effectively
- Applying the PROOF model to make a compelling and persuasive case
- Asserting yourself using the ESP technique
How will I benefit?
Learn how to use communication in the most effective manner and master your message to achieve positive results using the DiSC® assessment.
- An assessment of your own communication style using DiSC®
- The ability to manage your style and the impact of your message
- The skills to communicate clearly and confidently
- Improved workplace relationships and a greater personal profile
- Persuasion and influencing skills to get yourself heard
- A blended learning experience
No prerequisites are required.
You will gain 6 CPD
points on completing the course.
The training course on this page is offered by Reed Learning ATO/AFFILIATE in association with Insights, an APM Accredited Training Provider.