COBie2 Master class
COBie is a data schema for holding and transmitting information through to handover to support the client’s ownership and operation of a facility. The format of COBie is that it is a subset of IFC that can be represented in a spreadsheet or in a relational database. One advantage of COBie is that it accommodates any unstructured input and any BIM information into a structured single-entry format. The final COBie can be exported in a variety of output formats or read directly into asset management and facility management.
Increasingly individuals in the construction industry wishing to participate in public projects post will be expected to be confident and capable with Building Information Modeling. In order to meet this objective, stepping stones have been put in place. One of these stepping stones is the contractual demand for COBie.
Combine this training course with our other master classes and receive a discount. Find out more >
Who should attend?
- Any project team member who wants to understand what information is required by COBIE and who is responsible to provide it
What will I learn?
- The problem of documents vs data
- Consultants develop the spatial and physical systems
- Push and pull strategy
- How COBie can change the running of a business; changing the exchange of information (recorded) at a management level
How will I benefit?
This course provides a broad understanding of COBie. Key information is presented on how COBie will influence different aspects of your work and an overview of general concepts of COBie that involve all individuals in the life cycle of an asset. Take a hands-on approach to see how COBie works.
- Detailed training course notes
- Internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate