Certified Information Systems Security Professional – CISSP
The CISSP certification is a necessity for professionals building a career in information security. CISSP was the first credential in the field of information security to meet the rigorous requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024. In addition to being a globally recognized standard of achievement, the CISSP certification is a demonstrable measure of excellence. The certification covers critical topics in security, including cloud computing, mobile security, application development security, risk management and more.
Who should attend?
- Security consultants
- Security managers
- IT directors/managers
- Security auditors
- Security architects
- Security analysts
- Security systems engineers
- Chief information security officers
- Security directors
- Network architects
Pre-requisite - please note: This training course is intended for professionals who have at least 5 years of recent full-time professional work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK.
A one year experience waiver is available with a 4-year college degree, or regional equivalent, or additional credential from the (ISC)² approved list, thus requiring four years of direct full-time professional security work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK.
What will I learn?
This training provides an extensive review of information security concepts and industry best practices, covering the 8 domains of the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK):
- Security and risk management
- Asset security
- Security engineering
- Communications and network security
- Identity and access management
- Security assessment and testing
- Security operations
- Software development security
How will I benefit?
- Increase your expertise by validating and certifying your technical knowledge, skills, and abilities in information security
- Obtain the expertise necessary to develop all-inclusive security programs, set against globally accepted standards that ensure the protection of organizations’ information assets
- Stay current on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards, and practices through continuing professional education and understanding of the most current best practices
- Be part of a universal language used by information security professions, with industry-accepted terms and practices
- CISSP Certification
- Lunch and refreshments
- Course notes
The CISSP exam tests your competence in the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK.
- Length of exam: 6 hours
- Format of exam: Must be taken in an approved test centre
- Number of questions: 250 multiple choice
- Passing grade: 700 out of 1000 points
The exam cost is not included in the price of the course, and it is the responsibility of course attendees to make arrangements to sit the exam.
On passing the exam, certifications are issued to course delegates.