Certified Information Security Manager (CISM®)
Designed for experienced information security professionals, the CISM® title is a ground breaking credential, earned by nearly 21,400 professionals since it was established in 2002. Management-focused CISM® is the globally accepted standard for individuals who develop, build and manage enterprise information security programs. The CISM® certification promotes international practices, and provides executive management with assurance that those earning the title possess the required experience and knowledge to provide effective security management and consulting services.
Who should attend?
This training course is intended for professionals who have 3 - 5 years of recent full-time professional work experience in information security management.
- Information security professionals
- Information security managers
- Those with management responsibilities
- Information security staff
What will I learn?
This training provides an extensive review of information security concepts and industry best practices, covering five key areas:
- Information security governance
- Risk management
- Information security program management
- Information security management
- Response management
How will I benefit?
Gain the necessary skills to go forward and sit the all-encompassing CISM® examination – a much sought-after credential in the information security sector.
- Increase your expertise by validating and certifying your technical knowledge, skills, and abilities in information security
- Establish and maintain the necessary frameworks to provide assurance that information security strategies are aligned with business objectives, and consistent with applicable laws and regulations
- Identify and manage information security risks to achieve business objectives
- Be part of a universal language used by information security professions, with industry-accepted terms and practices
- Lunch and refreshments
The CISM® exam tests attendees’ competence in the 5 key areas included in CISM®.
Details of the examination are as follows:
- Length of exam: 3 hours
- Format of exam: Must be taken in an approved test centre
- Number of questions: 200 multiple choice
- Passing grade: Scaled score of 450+
The exam cost is not included in the price of the course and it is the responsibility of course attendees to make arrangements to sit the exam. On passing the exam, certificates are issued to course attendees by ISACA®.