Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
The two- day CIPT program builds on the fundamentals of data protection, incorporating the knowledge and focus on the need of privacy in the IT environment. This course equips attendees with a knowledge of the necessary steps to take in order to implement the correct privacy techniques into an organisation’s IT infrastructure.
Attendees should have some experience working within information technology.
CIPT is certified by IAPP. Official CIPT exams take place worldwide in designated test centres. The examination can be taken in several places and delegates should visit the IAPP website to book the exam.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone whose work relates to the processing of personal data, particularly those in the public and information technology sectors:
- Data Protection Officers
- IT Managers/Administrators
- Compliance Officers
- Information Officers
- Record Managers
- Human Resource Officers
- Data Protection Professionals
What will I learn?
The course extensively covers the following 9 areas:
- Understanding the need for privacy in the IT environment
- Core privacy concepts
- The information life cycle: an induction
- Common privacy principles
- Privacy considerations in the information life cycle
- Privacy in systems and applications
- Privacy techniques
- Online privacy issues
- Technology with privacy considerations
How will I benefit?
The CIPT credential demonstrates that you have the knowledge to build your organisation's privacy structures from the ground up. When you earn a CIPT credential, it means that you have gained a foundational understanding of both broad global concepts of privacy and data protection law and practice. Additionally, you demonstrate that you possess the knowledge of these components within your concentration, namely:
- Jurisdictional laws, regulations and enforcement models, rules and standards
- Essential privacy concepts and principals
- Legal requirements for handling and transferring data
- All delegate manuals
- Lunch and refreshments
- Cost of exams
- IAPP membership
Attendees will be tutor-led over 2 days of classroom learning. Thereafter, attendees will practice self-guided study in preparation for the examination.
Attendees will gain the relevant knowledge sit the official CIPM examination and achieve the CIPM title.