Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPPE)
CIPPE is the first credential specific to European Data Protection Professionals and is part of a comprehensive principals-based framework in information privacy. The CIPPE covers the essential pan-European and national data protection laws, as well as industry-standard best practices for corporate compliance. It also addresses the European model for privacy enforcement and key privacy and data protection programs; and remains the most sought-after credential in the profession.
Attendees should have some experience working in information security.
CIPPE is certified by IAPP. Official CIPPE exams take place worldwide in designated test centres. The exam can be taken in several places and delegates should visit the IAPP website to book the examination.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone whose work is related to the processing of personal data, particularly those in the public sector and from EU institutions, agencies and bodies, including:
- Data Protection Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Information Officers
- Record Managers
- Human Resource Officers
- Data Protection Professionals
What will I learn?
During this two-day course, attendees will become equipped with:
- An introduction to European Data Protection; the origins and historical context for privacy in Europe, the European regulatory institutions and the legislative framework for current EU data protection law at both the EU and state level
- Data protection concepts, application of the law, data protection principals, legitimate processing criteria, information provisions obligations, data subject rights, confidentiality and security, notification requirements, international data transfers, and supervision and enforcement
- Employment relationship, surveillance activities, marketing activities, internet technology and communications, and outsourcing.
How will I benefit?
When you earn a CIPP credential, it means that you have gained a foundational understanding of broad global concepts of privacy and data protection law and practice, as well as knowledge and perspective of how these components apply and impact your area of concentration.
- Jurisdictional laws, regulations and enforcement models, rules and standards
- Essential privacy concepts and principals
- Legal requirements for handling and transferring data
On this course, attendees will discover:
- Key areas of CIPPE programme knowledge
- Recommended exam preparation steps
- Sample questions
- General Exam Information
- All delegate manuals
- Lunch and refreshments
- Cost of exams
- IAPP membership
Attendees will be tutor-led over 2 days of classroom learning. Thereafter, attendees will practice self-guided study in preparation for the examination.
Attendees will gain the relevant knowledge to sit the official CIPPE examination and achieve the CIPPE title.