Practical Waste Management
Do you need to learn about the practicalities of managing resources and wastes in the fast-moving real world environment? This training course provides a practical insight into the functioning of the waste management industry in the UK and includes site visits.
This course is run in partnership with the CIWM.
Who should attend?
- New entrants into the waste management industry
- Existing personnel who need to keep their knowledge current
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand the legislation that drives and governs the waste industry
- Understand the impact of the landfill diversion targets and other requirements of the Landfill Directive
- Appreciate the role of the Environment Agency as regulator
- Recognise current market trends in treatment and disposal options
- Appreciate the opportunities and mechanics for materials reclamation and recycling
- Understand the role, planning, management and restoration of landfill sites
- Understand the role and scope of waste incineration systems
- Appreciate the comparisons of the UK industry with waste management in developing and transition countries
- Understand the role of biological treatment as a waste management option
- Understand how public perception impacts on the waste industry and how best to manage those impacts
- You will gain 18 CPD points on completing this course
- Lunch and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance