Introduction to Waste Legislation in Wales
Is waste legislation new to you? Do you need an introduction into the key legal requirements of managing waste?
This course addresses the legislation in Wales only. This course is an excellent first step in understanding waste legislation.
We also offer similar courses for England (which also covers the wider UK) and Scotland.
This course is run in partnership with the CIWM.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who handles waste: waste producers, waste carriers or waste management companies
- Anyone who needs to be aware of a range of complex legislation relevant to wastes and resource management
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will:
- Appreciate the extent of Welsh legislation relating to waste
- Understand the scope of waste policy in Wales
- Appreciate the key issues in relation to waste definition
- Understand the practical implications of Duty of Care and other related controls on waste management
- Be aware of the essential elements of hazardous waste controls
- Recognise the implications of environmental permitting to the recovery and disposal of waste
- Understand the essential elements of a range of waste controls including waste pre-treatment and waste acceptance criteria
- You will gain 6 CPD points on completing this course
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments