Introduction to Waste Legislation in Scotland
Is waste legislation new to you? Do you need an introduction into the key legal requirements of managing waste?
There are three separate courses designed to focus on the legislation in England, Scotland and Wales. This course addresses the legislation in Scotland only. This course is an excellent first step in understanding waste legislation in Scotland.
We also offer a similar course for England (which also covers the wider UK) and Wales.
This course is run in partnership with the CIWM.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who handles waste: waste producers, waste carriers or waste management companies
- Anyone who needs to be aware of a range of complex legislation relevant to wastes and resource management
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will:
- Have an understanding of recent changes in legislation, including The Waste (Scotland) Regulations 2011, their implications for the day-to-day management of waste andwaste hierarchy requirements
- Appreciate the extent of waste legislation within Scotland
- Appreciate the key issues in relation to waste definition; problems created and solutions
- Understand the practical implications of Duty of Care and related controls on wastes management
- Be aware of the essential elements of special waste controls
- Recognise the implications of waste management licensing and pollution prevention and control regulations to the recovery and disposal of waste
- Gain an understanding of the essential elements of a range ofwaste controls
- You will gain 6 CPD points on completing this course
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments