Introduction to Waste Legislation in England
Is waste legislation new to you? Do you need an introduction into the key legal requirements of managing waste? We offer three separate courses designed to focus on the legislation in England, Scotland and Wales. This course addressing the legislation in England will highlight the differences in the devolved nations, dependent upon the course delegates’ interests and geographic coverage.
This course is an excellent first step in understanding waste legislation in the UK.
We also have training courses addressing the legislation in Scotland and Wales which will focus on these devolved nations only.
This course is run in partnership with the CIWM.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who handles waste: waste producers, waste carriers or waste management companies
- Anyone who needs to be aware of a range of complex legislation relevant to wastes and resource management
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will:
- Appreciate the extent of UK legislation relating to wastes (specifically in relation to England)
- appreciate the key issues in relation to waste definition
- Understand the practical implications of Duty of Care and other related controls on waste management
- Be aware of the essential elements of hazardous waste controls
- Recognise the implications of environmental permitting to the recovery and disposal of waste
- You will gain 6 CPD points on completing this course
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments