Introduction to the Management of Wastes and Resources
Are you required to deal with your company’s resources and wastes? Are you new to the wastes and resource industry? Or do you need to understand it in order to change career paths?
This training course provides an introduction to sustainable resource and waste management within the UK, and an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of those involved, from waste production to ultimate disposal.
This course is run in partnership with the CIWM.
Who should attend?
- Those new to the resources and waste management industry
- Those seeking to understand the wider remit of the sector
- Local authorities
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand the importance of the management of resources and the relationship to sustainable development, the conservation of resources, and the risk of pollution
- Have an understanding of the national wastes strategy and the principal legislative and fiscal controls related to resources and wastes management
- Appreciate the nature and scope of the resources and waste management industry and understand the duties, responsibilities and powers of those involved in the management of resources and waste
- Understand the source of resources and wastes, their nature and classification in the UK and Europe
- Understand the options available for the minimization, recovery, re-use, treatment and disposal of resources and wastes
- Appreciate the systems of collection, transport and transfer of resources and wastes
- Understand the hazards posed by resources and wastes during their collection, storage, transport, treatment and disposal, and how these risks can be minimised
- You will gain 18 CPD points on completing this course
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments