Environmental permitting and exemptions
Anyone who needs to understand waste-related environmental permitting requirements and/or exemptions will find this course useful.
Experienced tutors will guide you through application process requirements for waste-related environmental permits or exemptions, including storing or treating waste.
This course is run in partnership with the CIWM.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in waste, who needs to know more about the application requirements and processes, or requires a refresher
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will:
- Be able to identify how key legislation relates to the requirements for waste environmental permits
- Understand when waste activities may require a waste permit or a registered exemption
- Realise the differences between a standard rules (tier 2) and a bespoke (tier 3) permit and know how to identify which may apply to your activity
- Be aware of when transfer, variation and surrender applications may also be required
- Understand the relevant parts of the application forms and other information required when submitting applications under the Environmental Permitting regime
- Identify appropriate guidance and templates to produce supporting documents as part of applications
- Understand how to complete the OPRA spreadsheet and how OPRA affects fees and charges
- Gain an awareness of key permit requirements and guidance relevant to ensuring compliance with waste permits
- You will gain 6 CPD points on completing this course
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments