Duty of care
Duty of Care legislation affects every business in the UK who produces, handles or controls waste. Do you manage or handle waste; control or influence how others manage waste? Are you making best use of your waste in line with the waste hierarchy? Can you be confident that your business is fulfilling its obligations?
This course provides practical up-to-date advice on the legislation and how to comply with the regulations in conjunction with the anticipated new code of practice.
This course is run in partnership with the CIWM.
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for the production, transport, handling, treatment,control and disposal of wastes
- Wasteproducers in all industry sectors
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand the key reasons that we have Duty of Care and how the producer plays a fundamental role
- Be aware of the current legislative requirements and what this means in practice
- Receive an update on the anticipated new Code of Practice
- Understand your auditing requirements as identified in the Code of Practice
- Have an update on the waste hierarchy and guidance
- Appreciate how your Duty of Care obligations relate to the requirements of environmental permitting, carrier controls and future legislation
- Know how to complete a waste transfer note and understand why they are important to you
- Understand your role and that of others in directing how waste is managed (brokers, sub contractors, etc)
- 6 CPD points
- Lunch and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance