Some of Churchill’s words and quotations demonstrate a mindset that can help shape and engender success in all human endeavors, not just politics and this includes in business.
Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965), who was a British statesman and remains one of the most famous former Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom (1940 - 1945, 1951 - 1955), was the first person to be made an honorary citizen of the United States and also won a Nobel Prize for Literature.
Andrew Slaney – a Principal Consultant, coach and trainer in Business Improvement techniques and Lean Six Sigma at BSI – introduces twelve of Winston Churchill’s best quotations with a possible interpretation for each.
1. 'Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference' - Maintain a Positive Attitude.
2. 'To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often' - Practice Continuous Improvement.
3. 'Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm' - Maintain Your Passion.
4. 'It’s not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what’s required' - Keep Focussed on Meaningful Goals.
5. 'Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen' - Welcome Feedback and Other's Ideas.
6. 'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts' - Believe In Yourself and Never Give In.
7. 'Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential' - Work Hard to Get What You Want.
8. 'Every man should ask himself each day whether he is not too readily accepting negative solutions' - Always Challenge the Status Quo.
9. 'It is wonderful what great strides can be made when there is a resolute purpose behind them' - Sustained Effort Can Get Results.
10. 'Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities because it has been said, it is the quality which guarantees all others.' - Taking Risks for What You Believe In Often Underlies Success.
11. 'Out of intense complexities, intense simplicities emerge' - Seek Simple Solutions.
12. 'We shape our dwellings, and afterwards our dwellings shape us' - Design Things Well in the First Place as the Consequences Often Last
Winston Churchill - wonderful insight, adept communication and masterful leadership in what must have been challenging times in the extreme.
To find out more about how BSI and Lean Six Sigma can help to improve your business and make your game the best there is, please contact us on +44 (0)1908 814528.