17 April 2003
The Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC), Glasgow 23-24 April 2003
BSI is providing clarification on registration to the occupational health and safety assessment specification - OHSAS 18001 - at IOSH, Europe's leading body for health and safety professionals. This is the critical assessment specification for health and safety globally.
It is now law across most industries in the UK to have a third-party, verified health and safety management system in place. This exhibition provides an ideal opportunity to get to grips with the key issues and steps needed to comply.
If interested in learning more about OHSAS 18001 and what it means to businesses and organisations, Clive Stallwood, health and safety product manager for BSI Management Systems, will be delivering a series of spotlight presentations, 10:00 to 10:30 on day one, and 10:10 to 10:40 on day two. Clive will also be on hand to answer media questions.
If you would like to arrange an interview please contact Laura Richardson, tel: 020 8996 6354 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that Laura will only be available Thursday 17th April and Tuesday 22 April, before attending the exhibition. Alternatively visit BSI at stand 29&30 BSI, situated in the main exhibition hall.
Wilma Tulloch on +44 (0)20 8996 6330 OR
Marc Edney on +44 (0)20 8996 6330BSI GROUP INFORMATION
BSI Group believes in the universal adoption of best management practices, reduction of risk throughout the trading process and the harmonisation, and acceptance of international standards by consent, as a means of achieving economic prosperity and to release the potential in all businesses to deliver excellence.
Founded in 1901 in the UK the BSI Group is now a global company made up of five complementary business units:
- British Standards, the UK's national standards body, is based in London, UK. It creates and updates national and international standards reflecting the needs of stakeholders including UK businesses and consumers.
- Business Information, a provider of information on standards and associated material.
- Management Systems, a provider of certification to management systems is based at BSI's headquarters in the UK. Following the 2002 purchase of the North American systems assessment business of KPMG, BSI Inc, based in Reston, Virginia is the largest company providing management systems certification in North America. Management Systems also has regional headquarters in Hong Kong to service the network of offices in the Asian-Pacific region.
- BSI Product Services, based in Hemel Hempstead, UK, provides product-testing and awards Kitemark registration and CE marking. The Kitemark is a BSI registered trademark.
- Inspectorate, the leading independent inspection and analysis company, that joined the BSI Group in 1998. Inspectorate has its main offices in Witham, UK; Houston, Texas and Singapore.
BSI Group is an international provider of services to businesses and other organisations. All our business units are working to the same vision of supporting business improvement and trade world-wide. Through provision of standards, technical information, systems assessment, product testing and commodity inspection services, BSI supplies vital third-party services that enable its customers to trade effectively and to improve their operations and products.
Sir David John KCMG, group chairman BSI Group, was appointed in July 2002.
For further information about BSI, please visit our website: www.bsi-global.com