Organizations demonstrate excellence in corporate culture and
continual business improvement.
(TORONTO) – BSI Group Canada Inc., a division of the world’s first National Standards Body and a founding member of the International Organization of Standardization (ISO), has announced the nominees for the BSI Award of Excellence 2014, which include 13 companies and organizations that range from manufacturing to energy management and IT consulting.
“Recognizing business excellence is an important component to continual improvement and helps to raise the bar across industries,” said Gary Robinson, Commercial Director, BSI Canada. “Canada has a very vibrant business community and it is incredibly encouraging that this year’s nominees span industries and regions across the country.”
BSI Canada created the Award of Excellence in 2011 to recognize customers who excel in the implementation of international business standards. Provance Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of IT asset management software to Microsoft, and Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd., an internationally-recognized engineering and environmental services firm, received the award last year.
Nominees are evaluated on their audit performances, quality management systems and business results, among other factors.
The 2014 nominees include:
- ABB Inc. Power & Industrial Systems – Saint-Laurent, QC
- AMEC Usinage Inc. – Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures, QC
- Arpex Inc. – Drummondville, QC
- Canada Tubeform (formerly CT Innovation Inc.) – London, ON
- Dental Savings Club – Montreal, QC
- Etratech – Burlington, ON
- Heritage Conservation Directorate, Public Works and Government Services Canada – Gatineau, QC
- Les Emballages MontCorr – Coteau-du-Lac, QC
- Linamar Performance Centre – Guelph, ON
- Linex Manufacturing – Guelph, ON
- Schneider Electric – Burnaby, BC
- Veritaaq – Ottawa, ON