AS/NZS 4801 Internal Auditor
Understand the requirements of implementing AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001 within your organization and develop practical auditing skills with our Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Internal Auditor training course. Our expert tutors will guide you through classroom tutorials, role-play exercises, group workshops and open forum discussions that give you an understanding of both OHSAS 18001 and AS/NZS 4801, and the entire audit process. They will support you in gaining skills and confidence to build your own audit framework.
The first two days of this course are identical to our AS/NZS 4801 Requirements training course. Delegates who have already successfully completed AS/NZS 4801 Requirements only need to attend the final two days of this course. Contact us for more details.
Attendees successfully completing this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for each of the Competency Units listed above. To gain the TL - Leading Audit Teams module, you will need to complete the Leading Audit Teams training course.
*This course is GST exempt
Who should attend?
- Those responsible for internal OHS management system audits, second party and/or third party audits
- Health, Safety and Environmental managers and advisors
- Quality Directors
- Integrated risk managers
- Regulatory affairs managers
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party, second-party or third-party audits
- Cross functional team members of an implementation project
"I am new to auditing and found this course a necessity to enable me to form principles on which I will base future audits. The skills are transferrable to other areas than safety auditing and has given me confidence to write proper safety plans."
What will I learn?
- Understand the scope of your occupational health and management system and its potential to improve working standards in your organization
- Gain an overview of health and safety management auditing and the requirements of the AS/NZS 4801:2001 and OHSAS 18001:2007 standards
- Become an internal auditor with the competency, knowledge and skills to deliver a first class auditing process
- Learn to plan, organize and conduct audits
- Learn to prepare checklists, design audit programs and write effective audit reports
- Have confidence to audit risk management and business processes in line with OHSAS 18001 and AS/NZS 4801
- Learn to develop your own audit strategies against certification criteria
How will I benefit?
- Consolidate your understanding of an effective occupational health and safety management audit
- Gain confidence in identifying gaps and areas of concern in your own occupational health and safety management system
- Learn how to close gaps and strengthen health and safety in your business
- Deliver continuous improvement through the latest occupational health and safety practices
- Share expertise across your organization to build a culture of health and safety awareness
- Achieve the highest standard of working environment and build employee, business and customer confidence.
- Show leadership in reporting and taking action to strengthen health and safety systems
- Build a culture of health and safety awareness in your organization
- Build employee confidence
- Advance your career in safety management systems auditing
- Diploma of Quality Auditing - Take your career to the next level by obtaining the skills to understand the entire audit process, report on feedback and facilitate continuous improvement, all with nationally recognized qualifications
- ISO 9001 Requirements - Understand and demystify the requirements of implementing and refining a robust quality management system in your organization
- ISO 14001 Requirements - Learn how to reduce your environmental footprint using an internationally recognized standard. Utilize your environmental management system to reduce costs and maximize your organization's potential